- 1 lb. hamburger meat
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked purple hull peas (drained)
- 1 box (8 oz.) Zatarain’s “New Orleans Style Yellow Rice”
- 1 can (15 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 lb. of shredded Velveeta Cheese
- In a medium size skillet, brown the hamburger meat and onions, then drain.
- Cook yellow rice according to directions on package.
- In a large bowl, add hamburger meat with onions, purple hull peas, cooked rice, mushroom soup, and 3/4 of the shredded cheese and mix. Place in a 10” X 13” dish and bake at 350° for 20 min.
- Remove and sprinkle the remainder of the shredded cheese on top and place back in the oven for 10 min. or until cheese is melted.
Recipe from www.purplehull.com