- 1 1/4 cup fresh corn
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, red pepper and onions. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cumin, salt and pepper; stir into corn mixture. Gradually add milk, stirring until blended.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with cool ranch dressing or your favorite dip.
Recipe from www.tasteofhome.com