- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 peaches, halved and pitted
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat an oven or toaster oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 4-6 minutes until they are aromatic. Set them aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey, balsamic vinegar, thyme, black pepper and salt over medium heat. Stir to dissolve the honey and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is slightly thickened and syrupy, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the honey balsamic syrup cool a bit – it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Preheat the panini grill to high heat.
- Brush a little melted butter on the cut sides of the peaches. Place the peaches on the grill, cut side down. Close the lid so that the upper grates are hovering just above the peaches or just very lightly touching them. Grill the peaches until they are softened and grill marks appear, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Arrange the peaches cut side up over a bed of arugula on a serving platter. Top with toasted pecans and blue cheese and drizzle with honey balsamic syrup.
Recipe from www.paninihappy.com