- 6 slices bacon, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 1/2 pounds green beans (stem ends removed), cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, cook bacon over medium, until browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add green beans, broth, and 2 cups water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until green beans are very tender, about 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe from Martha Stewart