- 6 long slender eggplants
- 2 slices ciabatta
- 1.5 oz paremsan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped herbs (basil, flat leaf parsley and chives work well)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put the bread, Parmesan, garlic, herbs and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a food processor and process until you have fine, pale green breadcrumbs.
- Slice the eggplants in half lengthwise and lay onto a baking tray.
- Pile spoonfuls of the breadcrumb mix onto the cut surface of the eggplant and press gently to help the breadcrumbs stick. Drizzle over the other tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle over a good grind of black pepper and a pinch of sea salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden and the eggplant flesh soft and silky.
- Serve with warm marinara if desired.
Recipe from http://simplefood4you.wordpress.com/