- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches kale, stemmed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a wide frying pan. Add the onion and shiitakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for one minute.
- Add the kale by the handful and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted and almost tender, about 3 minutes. Push the vegetables to the sides of the pan to make room for the shrimp. Then add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally , until not quite opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, wine, and cream if using, and cook until sauce has thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe from www.seriouseats.com